Work vs. Mama
I love my job but I'm entering a new season of life and a new season in my business, there are lots of changes coming up! I'm bittersweet about them though, I founded my business on the unique feature of traveling to my clients and this year I will be giving that up. I do hope I don't lose anyone over it but I can't see myself bringing two children with me to appointments or trying to find childcare for both of them, especially since I will be breastfeeding Laila and unable to leave her for long at first.
After baby Laila is here I will be working part time and hope to book that time solid so I don't have to turn anyone down. I really look forward to spending more time being "Mama" to my kids and just working on the side. I hope to enjoy the best of both worlds!
For those who know me, you know I'm a planner. I like my lists and my organization. So I've struggled over how to schedule my maternity leave. When I had Asher I took very little appointments leading up to his birth and ended up coming back from leave early because I ran out of money. So since I can't predict when Laila will come, I plan to work up until the end and just make apologetic cancellations when she comes! Now to get my tax return in order so I can plan how to spend it...
After baby Laila is here I will be working part time and hope to book that time solid so I don't have to turn anyone down. I really look forward to spending more time being "Mama" to my kids and just working on the side. I hope to enjoy the best of both worlds!
For those who know me, you know I'm a planner. I like my lists and my organization. So I've struggled over how to schedule my maternity leave. When I had Asher I took very little appointments leading up to his birth and ended up coming back from leave early because I ran out of money. So since I can't predict when Laila will come, I plan to work up until the end and just make apologetic cancellations when she comes! Now to get my tax return in order so I can plan how to spend it...
Comments
Post a Comment