My New Year
So everyone posted their resolutions and reflections over the last year and hopes for the new year. I've had a few thoughts but haven't had the chance to sit and put them all together. So here it is!
The message at church on Sunday really confirmed a lot of things on my heart and mind and encouraged me in what I'm learning in my walk with God. The majority of it was about how if you want something you have to set your mind to it so your heart and mouth with follow.
Lately I have been thinking of all the things I would like to have done around the house and how organized I want to be. I tell people I'm much more organized in my mind than I exhibit in person. Well not anymore!
The other night I got super motivated (while hubby slept) to deep clean! Things that I don't normally clean or even get into. What I really want to do is make more room and better organization of the space that we have but in order to do that I have to do some "behind the scenes" work. So I organized under the steps, which allowed me to fit more in there. I cleaned out the 'catch all' bin on the ledge which made the kitchen look nicer. I cleaned out some drawers of a cabinet in my room which just made me feel better since I'm the only one who sees it ;)
I felt extremely accomplished over these little tasks and it gave me a bit more piece of mind. Which of course motivated me to do more!
All this to say that I have really DECIDED to get my act together and do what I purpose myself to do. I'm normally a big procrastinator but I'm going to fight it. I want my home to look a certain way so I'm going to make that happen.
Financially I've been convicted and convinced we can, we need to and we will do better. I'm sick of living the 'paycheck to paycheck' life and I have DECIDED we will not do that anymore. I have jumped back into my couponing and giving myself a very small budget to work with each week. Tim and I are both exercising self control when it comes to eating out. I don't buy anything we don't need and I'm working out priorities. It's not a lot but we have to start somewhere. Making sacrifices and compromises.
Plus when making a grocery list on a strict budget you tend to buy less junk food ;)
I'm really excited to make this year so much better than the last. I always have goals and when I reach them I create a higher one and nothing about that has changed. However I'm challenging myself to do even better than before and setting more strict and higher goals for myself because I know what I want and I do what I need to do to get what I want! Yeah 2013!
The message at church on Sunday really confirmed a lot of things on my heart and mind and encouraged me in what I'm learning in my walk with God. The majority of it was about how if you want something you have to set your mind to it so your heart and mouth with follow.
Lately I have been thinking of all the things I would like to have done around the house and how organized I want to be. I tell people I'm much more organized in my mind than I exhibit in person. Well not anymore!
The other night I got super motivated (while hubby slept) to deep clean! Things that I don't normally clean or even get into. What I really want to do is make more room and better organization of the space that we have but in order to do that I have to do some "behind the scenes" work. So I organized under the steps, which allowed me to fit more in there. I cleaned out the 'catch all' bin on the ledge which made the kitchen look nicer. I cleaned out some drawers of a cabinet in my room which just made me feel better since I'm the only one who sees it ;)
I felt extremely accomplished over these little tasks and it gave me a bit more piece of mind. Which of course motivated me to do more!
All this to say that I have really DECIDED to get my act together and do what I purpose myself to do. I'm normally a big procrastinator but I'm going to fight it. I want my home to look a certain way so I'm going to make that happen.
Financially I've been convicted and convinced we can, we need to and we will do better. I'm sick of living the 'paycheck to paycheck' life and I have DECIDED we will not do that anymore. I have jumped back into my couponing and giving myself a very small budget to work with each week. Tim and I are both exercising self control when it comes to eating out. I don't buy anything we don't need and I'm working out priorities. It's not a lot but we have to start somewhere. Making sacrifices and compromises.
Plus when making a grocery list on a strict budget you tend to buy less junk food ;)
I'm really excited to make this year so much better than the last. I always have goals and when I reach them I create a higher one and nothing about that has changed. However I'm challenging myself to do even better than before and setting more strict and higher goals for myself because I know what I want and I do what I need to do to get what I want! Yeah 2013!
I've started stock piling when things go on sale (even better when you have coupons too) and I found that really helps instead of just buying things when I need them. This week I found a lot of meat on sale, so I stocked up and we shouldn't need to buy meat for the next couple months or so. I'm also starting to buy more in bulk. I'm currently plotting my order from Azure Standard. Tom and I love quinoa, but it's $7 a lb. at the grocery store. However if I buy 25 lb. from AS, it'll only cost me $2 lb. It's harder to work within a budget that way, but the long run savings can really add up.
ReplyDeleteMy other big rule has become no processed foods. I ditched them last year and felt so much better, but when we were working so much on the house I went back to them out of convince and ick, I felt it. I do have a few select items I'll buy, but I try to make sure about 90% of the stuff I buy are "real" foods and am making more from scratch instead. That stuff really adds up and isn't good for you anyways, so I've just started avoiding those isles all together.
Good luck! :)
That's what I used to do and that's how I saved so much before, I wouldn't have to buy the stuff week to week, I would already have it! I love my couponing and I choose one thing each week that they're doing a great sale on to stock up on and then I won't have to buy that item again for months. So far it's been great and I'm super excited about it :)
DeleteWe went to BB's in quarryville yesterday and got a ton of stuff for super cheap which was awesome :) That usually keeps us from buying junk food at the grocery store and a few other little things.
Amen on the no processed foods! We haven't cut it out completely but mostly. My husband went from a 99% fast food diet to a 10% fast food diet so he's still not completely converted to eating healthy. I don't buy much that's processed anymore and also feel great about it. I found I just felt bloated and gross after eating it.
I don't have the time I would like to have to invest in making everything from scratch so we'll use Ragu from a can every now and then and stuff like that.
Thanks for sharing! It's super encouraging and I hope we can continue to share tricks and tips, now I need to go check out your blog ;)