New Puppy (is she crazy?)

Everyone is probably thinking I'm crazy for getting a puppy at 6 months pregnant but I knew if we didn't get one now it would probably be about 2 years before I felt like we could take that on.

This particular little guy needed a new home due to unfortunate circumstances in his previous owners home and I couldn't get his little face out of my head. I saw him online and thought about it but we decided against it and I felt really sad about it. The last time we considered adopting I felt relieved when we decided against it. The next day he was still looking for a home and I kept thinking about him. So I started doing my homework on expenses, the type of dog he was and what we would need initially to adopt him. We arranged a playdate with him and knew he probably wasn't going to leave.

Sure enough he's ours! He's so cute and so little, he loves to play (like any puppy) but he also knows when it's time to settle down and snuggle. Very quickly he learned he can't use his teeth to play with us and that "daddy" is the one who will play, Asher is the one who will be bossy in effort to play, and Mama is the one who will give occasional attention and take care of his needs throughout the day. His "spot" is at my feet under the kitchen table. I've been spending a lot of time there with my sewing machine lately.

Today Daddy is constantly checking in on him, making me wonder how he will be when Laila is here ;) Asher is trying to be the "owner" but hasn't reached a happy medium quite yet, and puppy still doesn't have a name but seems to be at peace at our house!

"puppy" won't get too big because he's a border collie/pit bull mix. Between those two breeds he is lovey and snuggly, loyal, really smart and a quick learner. Oh and we've only heard him bark when someone he didn't know got close to us or he saw another dog. I can handle that!
Right now he's like a toddler during potty training, if you take him out often enough we don't have any accidents. He won't go in his crate which is awesome but he did wake us up at 4:30 am to be taken outside, then he kept daddy up to play.

So far so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

The Hard Part

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!