A Burton Christmas Story

Our first Christmas as a married couple didn't go at all like I had thought it might. Then again, things usually don't.

For the first time I felt stress over the holidays and realized why so many are "Bah Humbug" about it. By the time the weekend before Christmas arrived I was an emotional, unrested mess! I cried so many times over things I can usually get over. Tim and I were unable to buy gifts for each other this Christmas and were hoping he would get a bonus check at work so that we could. As it turns out, every single employee but him received one. I felt like the grinch stole Christmas so I curled up in a ball and cried. 

I bought Asher too much. We stuck to our budget but in the end he has so much stuff that he's overwhelmed. Next year will be different! Now to clean, organize and find places to put all the new stuff away!

I received some of my favorite things from my family, my mama bought me a beautiful sweater and K-cups for my Keurig! My sister bought me ADORABLE shoes and earrings, and another sister bought me slippers :) 
My InLaw's bought me too much, not that I'm not grateful or loving it but I feel undeserving of so much! My big gift was a sewing machine! Thank God for the JoAnn's gift card that they added with it because first thing I did was go out and buy accessories :) I've been thoroughly enjoying the quilting I have been saying I would do for years while wearing my new pink jammies, admiring candles and collectable decorations and the other things they bought me. All while Tim plays his new ps3 games with his new controller my parents bought him ALL DAY LONG =/ Then there is Asher who can't stick to playing with any one item for more than a few minutes which results in a living room floor covered in toys and a frustrated mama and daddy.


Asher chose gifts for us with Gmom and Pappy which was so sweet. I got a candle, Laila got a pink fuzzy giraffe and Tim got a set of work gloves because Asher said "Daddy's hands are always dirty when he comes home from work." How thoughtful! :) 

We've done Christmas 7 times so far and getting ready to do the 8th and final Christmas on Sunday. Woohoo! Now to enjoy a fresh new year :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part