Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!
What have I been up to? See the title of this post..
Last week was Asher's last few days of Kindergarten. I finally understand why all the moms feel all the feels those last few days their babies are in school. Not only was my baby becoming a FIRST GRADER (I'm way too young to have a first grader, for serious) but they were his last days in public school. We're HOMESCHOOLING for first grade and beyond!
I am excited and nervous to start on this journey, we enjoyed our public school experience for the most part and I know homeschooling is going to be a lot on me but it's what's right for us :)
About the mess making part, I've gotten back into my quilting projects and LOVING it. It turns out I'm not the only one, I have a few orders from friends for their own "Made with Love" quilts! I get excited all over again each time I purchase new fabric.. So I buy a little at a time to keep myself going ;) Finding complimentary fabric for some I already have gets me just as excited! Joann's has been seeing my face multiple times a week..
So as a result the sewing machine is permanently at the kitchen table, fabric squares everywhere, piles of fabric at the table, on the couch, scissors, stencils, marking pencils, it's everywhere! My poor family..
Hopefully I can soon take a portion of my profits and buy some storage and a desk or something similar to hold all this mess!
Last week was Asher's last few days of Kindergarten. I finally understand why all the moms feel all the feels those last few days their babies are in school. Not only was my baby becoming a FIRST GRADER (I'm way too young to have a first grader, for serious) but they were his last days in public school. We're HOMESCHOOLING for first grade and beyond!
I am excited and nervous to start on this journey, we enjoyed our public school experience for the most part and I know homeschooling is going to be a lot on me but it's what's right for us :)
About the mess making part, I've gotten back into my quilting projects and LOVING it. It turns out I'm not the only one, I have a few orders from friends for their own "Made with Love" quilts! I get excited all over again each time I purchase new fabric.. So I buy a little at a time to keep myself going ;) Finding complimentary fabric for some I already have gets me just as excited! Joann's has been seeing my face multiple times a week..
So as a result the sewing machine is permanently at the kitchen table, fabric squares everywhere, piles of fabric at the table, on the couch, scissors, stencils, marking pencils, it's everywhere! My poor family..
Hopefully I can soon take a portion of my profits and buy some storage and a desk or something similar to hold all this mess!
Comments
Post a Comment