Whom Shall I Fear?
I have been learning a lot about myself over the last 6 months through the sermons at church, it's amazing what is revealed when you are genuinely challenged!
Some things I knew, like I worry too much. Other things I had no idea, that I fear man more than God.
"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both body and soul in hell." Matthew 10:28
As Pastor Chad said, "Jesus is NOT your homeboy." Over the last week I've found myself wondering what others would think of something I had to share and how it would be received. It made me very aware of how much I care what others think.
In our world we are taught to be politically correct, don't offend anyone. But Jesus was very offensive, we are supposed to be like Jesus. Standing up for what is right regardless of what people think. If we could all do that it would be a different world.
Some things I knew, like I worry too much. Other things I had no idea, that I fear man more than God.
"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both body and soul in hell." Matthew 10:28
As Pastor Chad said, "Jesus is NOT your homeboy." Over the last week I've found myself wondering what others would think of something I had to share and how it would be received. It made me very aware of how much I care what others think.
In our world we are taught to be politically correct, don't offend anyone. But Jesus was very offensive, we are supposed to be like Jesus. Standing up for what is right regardless of what people think. If we could all do that it would be a different world.
Check out the Skit Guys...
ReplyDeleteThis is what Im learning too....