Respect
I need to vent and be heard. So here goes
I love my job, I love my clients. I do run into "problem clients" every now and then. They are a challenge and I accept it! Sometimes I get fed up. Today is one of those days.
I guess I expect people to treat me with the same respect that I treat others with and not everyone does that. The other day my friend booked an appointment with me and I told her I would be home by 11 so she said she would come a half hour later so she didn't come the same time I was walking in the door, HOW SWEET IS THAT?! No one does that, if I'm home, they're walking in the door behind me as I unlock the door. Although that is partially my fault for saying I'm available at that point.
I have a family that I like to spend time with at the end of the day, but clients want to book with me right in the middle of dinner time, when am I supposed to eat? I finish their hair and put my baby to bed..what kind of "family time" is that? I have one of those coming tonight and I half expect them to be a no show considering the communication I've received so far.
I really try to be flexible because I can. However I feel like me being flexible results in me being used like a doormat.
Today I visited my "problem client" and she gave me a really hard time. So I stood up for myself, I offered a solution to her problem and followed it up with, "If this doesn't work maybe you should try someone else to see if they can do a better job." Apparently that did not sit well with her as she began a lecture, yelling at me like I was her daughter and telling me how I should treat her as the customer and how I should be as a business owner. I told her my feelings were hurt that every time I cut her hair she says she hates it and it's wrong. She told me I have no right to feel that way and I'm hurting her feelings by telling her that. At one point she even suggested I not cut her hair that day, I told her that would be fine or I can cut it the way she was asking me to. We ended up cutting her hair the way she asked me to (again) and she will let me know how she likes it but this has been going on for over a year and I think I may need to ask her to find another hair stylist. I've never done that before and it makes me really nervous but I don't know what else to do!
So I should get off my butt and do some housework before my 6pm highlight, and 2 lowlights shows up.. =/
I love my job, I love my clients. I do run into "problem clients" every now and then. They are a challenge and I accept it! Sometimes I get fed up. Today is one of those days.
I guess I expect people to treat me with the same respect that I treat others with and not everyone does that. The other day my friend booked an appointment with me and I told her I would be home by 11 so she said she would come a half hour later so she didn't come the same time I was walking in the door, HOW SWEET IS THAT?! No one does that, if I'm home, they're walking in the door behind me as I unlock the door. Although that is partially my fault for saying I'm available at that point.
I have a family that I like to spend time with at the end of the day, but clients want to book with me right in the middle of dinner time, when am I supposed to eat? I finish their hair and put my baby to bed..what kind of "family time" is that? I have one of those coming tonight and I half expect them to be a no show considering the communication I've received so far.
I really try to be flexible because I can. However I feel like me being flexible results in me being used like a doormat.
Today I visited my "problem client" and she gave me a really hard time. So I stood up for myself, I offered a solution to her problem and followed it up with, "If this doesn't work maybe you should try someone else to see if they can do a better job." Apparently that did not sit well with her as she began a lecture, yelling at me like I was her daughter and telling me how I should treat her as the customer and how I should be as a business owner. I told her my feelings were hurt that every time I cut her hair she says she hates it and it's wrong. She told me I have no right to feel that way and I'm hurting her feelings by telling her that. At one point she even suggested I not cut her hair that day, I told her that would be fine or I can cut it the way she was asking me to. We ended up cutting her hair the way she asked me to (again) and she will let me know how she likes it but this has been going on for over a year and I think I may need to ask her to find another hair stylist. I've never done that before and it makes me really nervous but I don't know what else to do!
So I should get off my butt and do some housework before my 6pm highlight, and 2 lowlights shows up.. =/
Comments
Post a Comment