Being grown up

is so hard =/
Everyone said the first year of marriage is the hardest, I believed them but thought we had a head start on it because we've already lived together for a year. I was wrong. I *believe* I'm better now but I know in my first trimester I was really emotional and got upset over really insignificant things. I asked Tim to be patient with me but he really didn't know how. The things we fight over are downright silly somedays but at the time it's important. I bring up everything that upsets me and have a harder time getting over it. Tim doesn't bring up anything and then it all spills out at once every now and then. We're working on this. I'm getting better at holding my tongue and picking my battles.

I have a lot of dental work to be done. I'm being a grown up and working on getting it done even though I have serious anxiety over it.

Over the last few days I'm pretty sure I've had 2-4 calls a day from 1-800 numbers. Either people telling me I'm 4 days past due or wanting to conduct a survey since I recently visited them to pay my bill...... I'm honestly quite sick of it.

You know that constant battle between getting housework done and living your life? Well life is winning but the undone housework is stressing me out. I was talking with a client this morning and discussing how you can only do so much, you want to spend time with your kids yet at the end of the day and you look around at a dirty house you just can't relax. I know it's not that way for everyone but it is for me! I keep telling myself if I could only get on top of the housework it would be easier to maintain. I don't know if that's true but it sounds good right?

I decided today that I feel insecure when we don't have money. Our financial situation changes day to day according to if I have appointments. So my security fluctuates up and down on this crazy roller coaster constantly and I really I'm over it. Everyone says couples struggle when they first get married but I don't care, I don't want to be "everyone" I want to be above average and thriving! I know we're supposed to have faith in God to provide and he ALWAYS comes through for us but unfortunately it doesn't keep me from worrying. I suppose I should go build a prayer closet now...or clean my desk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

The Hard Part

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!