Our Anniversary at the Beach
My sweet husband took me to Nags Head for the weekend to celebrate our 7th Wedding Anniversary. His dad drove down from MD to watch the kids so we could go, I was a little nervous leaving him with all three kids for 3 days but he did great!
Tim and I spent as much time as we could on the beach. I don't enjoy swimming where the sharks do so Tim hung out with me where I could still see my feet 😂 We were fortunate to have a sandbar nearby so we could go out further that we would've. The hotel we stayed at allowed dogs so there were dogs everywhere, obviously this made Tim happy. However he was much more curious about the pelicans and why they do what they do, it became our little joke that weekend.
Yup, he wore matching shirts with me. Yup, we got lots of attention for our shirts. It was super fun and if he was just humoring me he didn't show it!
We kept it all super low budget so we can continue to pursue our debt free life, that kept us from doing all that we wanted to but we found ways to just enjoy our time together anyway. We got dressed up for our "fancy meal" and walked on the beach at sunset.
Someone else got married on the beach recently and I definitely forced Tim to take a pic "under" the arbor with me.
It was the perfect combination of relaxing and some plans. We took a nap, stayed up late and slept in. We even found time to have a big fight ON our anniversary 🤦🏼♀️ Tim changed his mind halfway through and decided he didn't want to fight anymore but I made him finish it with me and we were able to salvage our evening and walk on the beach in the moonlight again 🥰
Ok so don't judge me on this next pic. I found out Sunday morning that my dear sweet friend was also in town. This biscuit place was highly recommended and happened to be between where we were staying sooooo we met for breakfast at Biscuits N' Porn! 😬 The biscuits did not disappoint! Also the friendship, gosh it was so good to see Brigitte! Tim was so great to let us spend a little time together on our special weekend.
So to finish off our time together we decided to climb the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse together. Tim said it was the closest I could get to coming to work with him. I was a little nervous going into this thing but when I walked inside and looked up it totally freaked me out! I didn't realize that you can look down the middle, knowing how old this lighthouse is and that it's been moved before, they make a big deal about being able to make the climb by yourself... just freaked me out. But I paid $8, I was not going to wimp out! Every couple flights of stairs there was a landing and you better believe I stopped at every one of them. I was breathing hard trying not to have a panic attack just as much as I was out of breath.
We finally made it and they told us the winds were really strong that day, I guess I thought I might blow away. Tim didn't make fun of me or make me feel worse, he just held my hand and made me feel safe. I know it's not quite the same but close enough, thanks to his climbing cell phone towers every week he was neither winded nor scared. The first thing that came to mind also came out of my mouth, "I can't believe you do this every day." I have seen pics and videos and facetime with him hanging hundreds of feet in the air, but as usual those things don't do justice to it. That being said, this lighthouse was a heck of a lot more secure feeling than a tower. I have a lot more respect for my "tower dawg" than I did before.
We hated coming home but it was great to see the kids and spend some time with Tim's parents. We're already planning our next beach trip!
(yes that is finally our last selfie 😉)








Comments
Post a Comment