My Handsome Boy
A little man that I know turns 4 on Thursday... I blinked! Now he's a little boy and no longer a baby. Exactly 4 years ago I was 10 months pregnant with HIM and today here I am waiting on his sister to arrive.
That precious little boy was not planned but has never been unwanted. I was only 20 but I gave him everything I was able to and did a complete turn around in my life for his sake. Many people felt bad for me being a single mom but I didn't! My baby is what made me who I am and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I never minded waking up every 2 hours to nurse my little miracle, it gave me more time to marvel over how amazing he is. I never minded taking him EVERYWHERE I went because it was more time I got to spend with him. I cherished each stage of life that he came through knowing it would only happen once.
We lived with my parents when he was born and stayed there until he was 18 months old. Asher did everything early, I was so proud. I was complimented where ever we went on his big blue eyes, how smart and happy he is. I kiss him every chance I get knowing he won't let me forever.
In April 2011 we moved into our own house where Asher had his own bedroom but of course preferred mine. We met "Timmy" around the same time and Asher fell in love with him instantly. I had never seen him so excited to see anyone! After a while I figured I should give him a chance too and quickly fell in love as well.
Tim never looked back as he took over the role as "daddy" in Asher's life. I never dreamed someone would be willing to do that for my baby but he did. Asher soon realized most families have a mommy and a daddy and it was only a matter of months before "Timmy" became "Daddy" and Asher never looked back either! How blessed am I?!
Asher walked me down the aisle with my Daddy at our wedding and still insists he was married on that day as well. Honestly he was, he was part of that covenant Tim and I made. We are raising him together and while we don't always agree (what parent does) we do our best to work together for Asher.
This year our "Handsome Boy" turns 4 years old, becomes a big brother, graduates preschool at HCC and begins homeschooling with Mama in the fall! Asher remains the same happy, brilliant boy he has always been and I love him a little more each day :)
That precious little boy was not planned but has never been unwanted. I was only 20 but I gave him everything I was able to and did a complete turn around in my life for his sake. Many people felt bad for me being a single mom but I didn't! My baby is what made me who I am and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I never minded waking up every 2 hours to nurse my little miracle, it gave me more time to marvel over how amazing he is. I never minded taking him EVERYWHERE I went because it was more time I got to spend with him. I cherished each stage of life that he came through knowing it would only happen once.
We lived with my parents when he was born and stayed there until he was 18 months old. Asher did everything early, I was so proud. I was complimented where ever we went on his big blue eyes, how smart and happy he is. I kiss him every chance I get knowing he won't let me forever.
In April 2011 we moved into our own house where Asher had his own bedroom but of course preferred mine. We met "Timmy" around the same time and Asher fell in love with him instantly. I had never seen him so excited to see anyone! After a while I figured I should give him a chance too and quickly fell in love as well.
Tim never looked back as he took over the role as "daddy" in Asher's life. I never dreamed someone would be willing to do that for my baby but he did. Asher soon realized most families have a mommy and a daddy and it was only a matter of months before "Timmy" became "Daddy" and Asher never looked back either! How blessed am I?!
Asher walked me down the aisle with my Daddy at our wedding and still insists he was married on that day as well. Honestly he was, he was part of that covenant Tim and I made. We are raising him together and while we don't always agree (what parent does) we do our best to work together for Asher.
This year our "Handsome Boy" turns 4 years old, becomes a big brother, graduates preschool at HCC and begins homeschooling with Mama in the fall! Asher remains the same happy, brilliant boy he has always been and I love him a little more each day :)
I can't believe he's going to be 4! It was fun to see him on Saturday, what a sweet kid!
ReplyDelete