preparing for the storm

We have our canned soup, non-oven-using meals planned and propane camping stove ready to go. Meat in the freezer for grilling, candles and flashlights. Laundry is caught up (not put away but washed and dried). Dishes are *almost* caught up and all three of us cleaned.

I want to make chili before the weather gets bad but I'm lacking motivation. Thought I would play around on the internet a while longer while I can.

I need to print out some coloring pages or something to keep my boys busy over the next few days. I don't know what they will do without electricity. Yes I mean my almost 28 yr old husband as well. He's firmly planted between the TV and computer until the very last hour.

While I was in the shower Asher decided to take a black pen to his arms, he explained he wanted to make his skin all dark to scare everyone. Smart kid.

Baby Burton is reminding me of her/his presence every now and then :)

My husband wants to drive around to see if anything's flooded yet... i don't know about that. Last night he said if it wasn't for me he'd be in OC to watch it flood right now. Speaking of, I hope it's still there when this is all said and done. It's already underwater and losing piers and the hurricane isn't even here yet :(

My mom has begged me to come stay with her and now she's freaking out about how to feed and flush toilets for 12 people. We should lose power tonight or tomorrow and Thursday is the earliest it'll come back. BRING IT ON!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part