4/30/13
Finally an official due date! April 30, 2013 which is 5 days after Big Brother's due date. I am 11 weeks and 1 day which I knew already ;)
I was thrown for a bit of a loop with my first OB visit. I made the appointment with Karen, a midwife I know and trust. She delivered our sweet little boy nearly 4 years ago! So I show up and things are a little different but for the most part I know what to expect. Well in walks Lori, a midwife I have never met. This threw me back a bit so I was hesitant to be personable with her. They wanted a lot of personal information that I don't see how it relates to my pregnancy.
I proudly answered, "married" and "planned pregnancy" to two of her questions.
So after mounds of paperwork, questions and them wanting to test the crap out of us we get down to the physical end of it. I was probed, poked, scraped, squeezed, stretched, pushed and pulled on. Finally, Lori brought out the little doppler and we held our breath!
Immediately that little heartbeat popped right up loud and clear! Such a relief. Tim and I looked at each other and just smiled, it was the most beautiful sound I've heard since my first baby's heartbeat!
Now the heart rate was 155 which according to my mom (the expert babymaker) means it's a boy. However I'm going to find out what Asher's was next time I go in to find out and see if he was on track and maybe that'll give me an indication if this one will be. Although I really like the idea of the sonogram being a complete surprise when they tell us what it is.
Speaking of sonogram, they want me to get one on Friday to confirm my due date. I didn't have that with Asher and questioned it but she said they always do it and wasn't sure why I didn't have it the first time. Oh well, we get a early peek at the little peanut! So here's to hoping Tim can get off work in time to make it!
Comments
Post a Comment