Golden Birthday

I turned 31 on the 31st this year!

It was kind of funny how different this birthday was from last year.
I was raised that humility looks like always putting yourself last and not wanting special attention. I have always felt funny about enjoying the attention my birthday brings.

Last year turning 30 I knew it would be the last time I had a "big birthday" for a while and they wouldn't be as fun. So I planned lots of fun things, it was a little uncomfortable but it was such a fun excuse to see my family and friends.
Because I went "all out" last year I planned absolutely nothing this year. Well, I requested that we go to the beach for the day since my birthday fell on a Saturday.

The girls have calendars and always want to know what I wrote on them, so Laila asked about my birthday. She told her Daddy she saw something at Target that she wanted to buy me for my birthday and asked if he would take her to buy it.
The next day (first day of school) she told me "one day closer to your birthday!" The next day she said "I really want to give you a hint about your birthday present but I don't want you to guess what it is." I asked her when she was going shopping and with lots of sass she responded "well I told Daddy about it on Sunday!"
It turns out, Laila chose a screen protector for my phone, however it was $45. I love that she chose something practical for something that is important to me! Such a sweet girl. My kids have never independently bought me gifts before. Daddy suggested she choose something a little less expensive and after window shopping for a bit Laila suggested they buy me a bottle of wine. So Daddy helped her choose one of my favorites (and purchase it of course).
A few days before my birthday, Elyanna came home from the store with Gmom and said "we got a surprise for you for your birthday but I can't tell you what it is!" I was not surprised she said this, but I was surprised she didn't tell me what it was. So on my birthday I woke up to this sweet frame from "the kids" and a card with some shopping money from my sweet mother in law. I took this pic to show a friend what I got for my birthday and I just love it, slowly decorating my house the way that I want (see those cute salt and pepper keepers in the back) in my beautiful kitchen with people who pay attention to the things I love 🥰

The night before my birthday we had an impromptu take out and redbox night, so fun! We woke up around 7:30 and took our time getting ready, I got to spend a few minutes on my front porch enjoying the weather. Totally one of my favorite spots at my house.
We stopped at Dunkin for my birthday coffee and they forgot to make it.. but once we got that sorted out we were on our way!
We made it to Topsail Island just in time for lunch. I took a friend's suggestion and stopped at a Taco place, Tim and the kids got some of their favorite foods at a place next door. (Hot dogs and Mac & Cheese).
We enjoyed a relaxed afternoon on the beach in perfect weather and stayed until we were ready to go home. Picked up some BBQ from one of my favorite spots and got cleaned up for church the next day.
I wish all of my birthdays could be so laid back and stress free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part