No hospital bag this time..

Well I have joined the ladies I once thought to be crazy and chosen to birth our third child in the comfort and peace of our own home! The thought of that just sounds so wonderful and natural. The more I learn and the more perspectives I look through, I see how childbirth has been turned into being money centered instead of Mama-Centered.

I've chosen my birth team and wow are they a perfect fit! The main midwife reminds me of my mom, how can I go wrong there? They get me, they believe in the same holistic approach that I do. I feel comfortable and at home with them. I even made a sweet friend from church who will be my doula and each time we talk I'm more and more excited for her to be part of this little team!

I realize most people will not agree with this choice and at first Tim was a little unsure as well, but this is the choice I feel is right for our baby's birth and what I feel is right for me. We do live about 5 minutes from one of the biggest hospitals in the cities with a large NICU I am told "just in case" but I have had two healthy full term babies with no complications and I'm not worried about this either.

The most exciting part about this experience is that my midwives will follow my lead and not guilt me into making decisions, they offer everything a hospital does but I do not have to shoot poison into my baby (vaccines) I do not have to have an IV when in labor, I can walk and move as a I feel the need to in my home, I can have all the same tests as in a hospital or I can decline them. Everything is up to me and I love the feeling of control over my own birth! How empowering!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

The Hard Part

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!