Summer at the Burton's

Well I haven't posted any updates this summer due to my laptop charger quitting on  me. Apple wanted nearly $100 for a new one, I finally broke down and bought a imitation one on Amazon. Our summer flew by in a whirlwind anyway, who knows how much blogging I would have really done!

Our family spent several weekends in MD with family since we moved, many people have commented how often we have been in MD but we had prior engagements to meet and events we just couldn't miss. Plus, we miss everyone! Weddings, birthdays, doing hair for my awesome clients! It's been crazy busy and I do look forward to a time when we can come and just visit :)

In the beginning of the summer we had 1 month where Tim's last two paychecks with Michael & Son were $200 each. Then there was about 2.5 weeks between jobs. Family stepped in and kept our heads above water but we still have lots of catching up to do. I've become much more serious about budgeting and really proud of my little accomplishments.
So no more trips to MD for a while, a little sad about not seeing family/friends as often but we're serious about getting on top financially!

I've been struggling with all these changes and transitions. It seems just as something becomes normal we change it again.
We decided it was in everyone's best interest that Asher attend public school kindergarten this year. Of course he is loving it and his favorite part is riding the bus. Laila and I are adjusting to his absence, me more than her, she is very clingy and needy. It's a good thing she's so stinkin cute!

Tim changed careers! These days we only see him on the weekends and he sees the country during the week ;) Tim is working for a company called TEP where he works with cell phone towers. So far it's a great job that he enjoys. We hope to stay with this company for a while!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part