Our New Church

http://www.rfachurch.org/

Well we have officially found a new church in Raleigh! We visited several before choosing this one. Each week we get more and more confirmation that this is where God wants us! The scripture verse that has carried me through this move is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.." Well guess what, the very FIRST week we attended the Pastor quoted that verse!
It all started when I was feeling overwhelmed by the choice of churches in Raleigh and I googled "spirit filled churches in Raleigh" and the first thing that came up was Raleigh First Assembly. I thought to myself, this could be it! We looked over the website and it seemed pretty awesome.

Each Sunday we have left church feeling challenged and encouraged! I love it! When the service lets out I kind of want to sit and soak in what we just experienced but the children's ministry wants us to pick up the kids, I don't know what's up with that.. Tim has renewed his relationship with the Lord taking it to the next level as well. On Resurrection Sunday Tim was baptized in front of over 800 people.

This past weekend we attended their "Basix" class (membership) and learned everything we needed to know about the church and it's Pastor. Tim and I both felt confident we were in the right place and signed up for membership and to serve in the church! We're super excited to get involved and meet new people!

Yesterday we continued a series called Demon Slayer (about spiritual warfare) which has hugely changed our family. It has strengthened us as we learn our power in Jesus Christ and how to overcome our past.
Yesterday I felt as though I was released from having to be someone I am not. Pastor Chad preached about how competitiveness keeps us from understanding our position of being in Christ. I came home encouraged to be who the Lord made me and be the best person I can be! Not to be better than anyone else.

All of this said it still feels strange to say something about "our church" or "our pastor" when it's not in reference to RCC in MD. They are sorely missed, and no one can come close to that worship team! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part