Transition
As I prayed about our big move to Raleigh the Lord told me this would be like having a baby. There were labor pains with breaks in between, then there would be transition. The transition is the most painful part, and the quickest part. At the end, there is NEW LIFE!
Can you see the correlation to our life right now? Now you know after the new baby is born there is still pain and healing, adjustment and transition into a new normal. That's where we are now, I think for me it hasn't hit me yet that we are 300 miles from everything we know. Leaving the house is slightly stressful considering I have to use a GPS no matter where I am going. I have successfully gone across the street to the grocery store and tonight I went to Kohls in Knightdale with no GPS assistance, however I second guessed myself anyway.
At first it felt like living in someone else's house, I saw the house for the first time the day we moved into it. Asher was anxious to check out the neighborhood and make friends, Laila just wanted to be held or entertained. Then my mom came to visit, that was amazing/wonderful/lovely/refreshing/relaxing. Part of me can hardly believe she was here with ME for 4 days and I didn't have to share her with anyone! We could finish whole conversations and everything! We went on walks and explored the town. My kids definitely bonded with their Mom Mom like they never have before, I loved that so much.
Can you see the correlation to our life right now? Now you know after the new baby is born there is still pain and healing, adjustment and transition into a new normal. That's where we are now, I think for me it hasn't hit me yet that we are 300 miles from everything we know. Leaving the house is slightly stressful considering I have to use a GPS no matter where I am going. I have successfully gone across the street to the grocery store and tonight I went to Kohls in Knightdale with no GPS assistance, however I second guessed myself anyway.
At first it felt like living in someone else's house, I saw the house for the first time the day we moved into it. Asher was anxious to check out the neighborhood and make friends, Laila just wanted to be held or entertained. Then my mom came to visit, that was amazing/wonderful/lovely/refreshing/relaxing. Part of me can hardly believe she was here with ME for 4 days and I didn't have to share her with anyone! We could finish whole conversations and everything! We went on walks and explored the town. My kids definitely bonded with their Mom Mom like they never have before, I loved that so much.
There's nothing sexier than a baby wearing man! Well...maybe a man doing dishes...
This was on the last day, I will always cherish this time we had with my mom. I can't wait until next time! Now we need to get my dad down here :)
My mom definitely helped that first week go by smoothly, I wasn't able to feel homesick with my mommy there. She helped with whatever I needed, even things like organizing and babysitting so Tim and I could go on our FIRST date since Laila was born.
After a tearful goodbye on Sunday it was back to real life for me! Laila has been difficult to put to sleep lately and not staying asleep for long, Asher has NEVER stayed in his own bed and that hasn't changed. I try to get out of the house once a day to learn my way around and keep my sanity. I am already missing sending Asher Bear over to his Gmom and Pappy's house once a week. It was a great time for me to bond with Laila while Asher got the 1 on 1 attention he craves.
So this week hasn't been all I had hoped it would be, still many boxes left to be unpacked, organizing and decorating to be done. Routine to be established and a new normal to begin. We are getting there, one day and one box at a time!
Comments
Post a Comment