Rough Start

In response to many asking how we are doing getting settled I would say, GREAT :) We love the area, love our house, learning our way around and making new friends! I get to be home with the kids all day, which I love despite it's challenging times.
The enemy is not liking how God has blessed us or how we have given God glory for all He has done so of course he is coming against us. We have had a few bumps in the road as we start off our "new life" here in Raleigh.
Minor things at the house like appliances not working and then the property manager being out of town for 3 weeks. Lots of rain (always a downer).
Tim's new job has been particularly challenging! It's hard work and long hours, there have been several errors between his company and the company who makes the uniforms so he's been wearing ONE "trainee" shirt for 5 weeks now and losing sales due to the customer unsure of his abilities. They withheld his first paycheck, which was only training pay so Glory to God for that tax return we have been able to live off of while he was living in a hotel and even now before he gets a "real" paycheck. Tim's first week of work he made great sales but was working 12-13 hour days. The second week was MUCH better but he did half that much in sales. Then his BRAND NEW truck started acting up, it's due to go back to the Mercedes-Benz shop for a THIRD TIME for the same thing :( The problem with this is, when Tim doesn't have a truck he can't work, when Tim can't work he isn't making money. The job itself has been challenging as there are some unexpected yet very significant differences in plumbing in NC verses MD. I truly believe all of this is the enemy coming against us to get between us, frustrate us, anger us, and blame God. Which is totally silly, God blessed us with this job, this house, the finances to make this happen. So we laugh at the devil and move on, he can't steal our joy!

The kids and I are getting settled more and more each day. At first Asher claimed he was bored all day long, unless he was riding his bike. Which he did from the time he woke up to the time he went to bed some days! Laila just wanted to be held or by my side 24/7. Now they will play independently, or with each other and are generally happier! Laila is sleeping better at night too, we wish we could say the same for Asher. Nearly every night we find him with pillow and blanket on our floor :(
We have found things to do at the library and even attended an event at Chik-fil-A! That was so fun :) Tim took Laila out for dinner while Asher and I participated in a Mother/Son "Date Knight" at Chik-fil-A! We hope to do more things like this :)

We have visited 2 churches and while we enjoyed our visit neither really felt like "home." I found a website for one that seems to be exactly what we are looking for, we can't wait to try it out on Sunday!

That's about all for now, if you've been praying for us we thank you! Please continue to pray that Tim's job get easier, that he has favor at work and that we can all continue to adjust to him being gone all day! Thank you for your prayers, there is power in it for sure!

Comments

  1. I love reading your Blog, and hearing your positive spin of every hurdle that comes your way. You are so strong in the Lord, and I love that about you. You really make me stop, think, and realize that one can still find Glory in all the downs of life. I need to learn how to do that more in my life.

    I am glad to hear that Asher and Laila are doing well, and adjusting. Date Knight sounded like a fun night for you two!! Sweet Laila is almost one too!! Miss you, and can't wait to see you in May and JUNE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part