Our move down rt 40
Well I wouldn't say we're "settled in" yet but we are mostly unpacked and that settles my anxiety! All that's left to unpack is the little stuff like decorations, my scrapbooking stuff etc. With so much space it's easier to keep it clean and decluttered, Tim and I are getting pretty good at cleaning as we go and encouraging Asher to do the same.
Friday was pre-move day. I spent most of the day packing last minute stuff, making phone calls to set things up in the new house and change addresses. Oh and let's not forget cleaning, my mom, myself and two of my siblings went to the new house to clean the kitchen and bathrooms. It was more work than I anticipated but it gave me a chance to spend some time with my Mama and get to know the new house and where everything was. We brought over some of our fragile stuff and friends from church painted the kids bedrooms for us.
Asher's bedroom went from pink to beige (with already blue/gray carpet) and Laila's room went from yellow to gray (with already bright pink carpet.)
I can't wait to decorate! I'm going to make some simple curtains for both kids rooms. Baby pink for baby girl and navy blue for little man. I want to put accents of baby pink and white in Laila's room while using different shades of blue, brown and dark red for Asher's room. I hope to make both kids a quilt for their beds. Tim already picked out fabric for Laila :)
Saturday was CRAZY. Asher slept in our bed because his was disassembled which means Tim ended up on the couch. We woke up early and began packing all the things that had to wait until the last day and throwing misc items into bins and boxes before everyone arrived. I put breakfast in the oven for our helpers and did everything except move boxes.
By noon we had packed up the uhaul and my FIL's trailer AND unloaded it into the new house! I took care of unloading the cooler into the fridge/freezer while giving direction to where things should go. Tim's mom took Asher and the puppy for the day (HUGE blessing). So after the traditional meal of pizza for those who helped us, Tim and I unpacked the kitchen.
By the time Asher woke up from his nap and Tim's parents were ready for dinner, we couldn't unpack another box. We were exhausted! They treated us to dinner and we came home to spend our first night in the new house! The only one who slept well was Asher haha. We're getting more comfortable with the house now though and truly blessed to be here!
Friday was pre-move day. I spent most of the day packing last minute stuff, making phone calls to set things up in the new house and change addresses. Oh and let's not forget cleaning, my mom, myself and two of my siblings went to the new house to clean the kitchen and bathrooms. It was more work than I anticipated but it gave me a chance to spend some time with my Mama and get to know the new house and where everything was. We brought over some of our fragile stuff and friends from church painted the kids bedrooms for us.
Asher's bedroom went from pink to beige (with already blue/gray carpet) and Laila's room went from yellow to gray (with already bright pink carpet.)
I can't wait to decorate! I'm going to make some simple curtains for both kids rooms. Baby pink for baby girl and navy blue for little man. I want to put accents of baby pink and white in Laila's room while using different shades of blue, brown and dark red for Asher's room. I hope to make both kids a quilt for their beds. Tim already picked out fabric for Laila :)
Saturday was CRAZY. Asher slept in our bed because his was disassembled which means Tim ended up on the couch. We woke up early and began packing all the things that had to wait until the last day and throwing misc items into bins and boxes before everyone arrived. I put breakfast in the oven for our helpers and did everything except move boxes.
By noon we had packed up the uhaul and my FIL's trailer AND unloaded it into the new house! I took care of unloading the cooler into the fridge/freezer while giving direction to where things should go. Tim's mom took Asher and the puppy for the day (HUGE blessing). So after the traditional meal of pizza for those who helped us, Tim and I unpacked the kitchen.
By the time Asher woke up from his nap and Tim's parents were ready for dinner, we couldn't unpack another box. We were exhausted! They treated us to dinner and we came home to spend our first night in the new house! The only one who slept well was Asher haha. We're getting more comfortable with the house now though and truly blessed to be here!
Comments
Post a Comment