Why I turned Tim down
Funny story, I turned Tim down many times before I finally gave him a chance. The main reason I gave in was because Asher thought the world of him.
I met Tim in March 2011 and started getting to know his best friend. By April I realized that was going no where and Tim decided to express interest in me. BUT, he wasn't a Believer so I didn't give him a second thought. As time went on and we developed a friendship, my baby boy, my everything came to love Tim and ask to see him everyday. Asher was just about to turn 2 and would stand at the front door waiting for "Timmy" to come, when he did that little boy would giggle and light up, he couldn't move he was so excited to see him.
Tim reminded me a lot of Asher's biological dad which was both good and bad. Bad because it scared me, I was worried I would get attached to him and then he'd leave me.
Also, Tim was pretty "worldly" in his lifestyle and I just don't have time for all that, I needed a 'no assembly required husband.' Missionary dating rarely works.
Well Tim didn't give up on me and I continued to fall for him so finally at the end of May, I gave him a chance and we became a couple. It didn't take us long to realize this wasn't like any other relationship we'd been in before. One day, Tim said to me, "I'm so glad I met you because you're helping me find my way back to God."
Up until then I'd been traveling an hour for church and really wanted to find a home church close to home so I could truly get involved. 3 of my clients who did not know each other suggested Riverside Community Church so we figured we better give them a try. We started attending in June and just loved it.
In October we got engaged, I knew Tim was the right guy for me but I had this nagging feeling about how I was preparing to marry a man who wasn't "saved." Of course I'd been praying for his salvation for months but I began praying more fervently. Just 2 weeks later, during an alter call at church I stood in my pew sobbing for joy as I watched my soon to be husband offer his life to God and begin his own relationship with Jesus Christ. Tim has been a different man ever since and I'm continually in awe of the change God has done in him.
Here's Tim's version of the story:
I met Tim in March 2011 and started getting to know his best friend. By April I realized that was going no where and Tim decided to express interest in me. BUT, he wasn't a Believer so I didn't give him a second thought. As time went on and we developed a friendship, my baby boy, my everything came to love Tim and ask to see him everyday. Asher was just about to turn 2 and would stand at the front door waiting for "Timmy" to come, when he did that little boy would giggle and light up, he couldn't move he was so excited to see him.
Tim reminded me a lot of Asher's biological dad which was both good and bad. Bad because it scared me, I was worried I would get attached to him and then he'd leave me.
Also, Tim was pretty "worldly" in his lifestyle and I just don't have time for all that, I needed a 'no assembly required husband.' Missionary dating rarely works.
Well Tim didn't give up on me and I continued to fall for him so finally at the end of May, I gave him a chance and we became a couple. It didn't take us long to realize this wasn't like any other relationship we'd been in before. One day, Tim said to me, "I'm so glad I met you because you're helping me find my way back to God."
Up until then I'd been traveling an hour for church and really wanted to find a home church close to home so I could truly get involved. 3 of my clients who did not know each other suggested Riverside Community Church so we figured we better give them a try. We started attending in June and just loved it.
In October we got engaged, I knew Tim was the right guy for me but I had this nagging feeling about how I was preparing to marry a man who wasn't "saved." Of course I'd been praying for his salvation for months but I began praying more fervently. Just 2 weeks later, during an alter call at church I stood in my pew sobbing for joy as I watched my soon to be husband offer his life to God and begin his own relationship with Jesus Christ. Tim has been a different man ever since and I'm continually in awe of the change God has done in him.
Here's Tim's version of the story:
When I first met Samantha she had previously been saved and was talking to me about getting saved but at the time I was like every other non christian and thought, oh I’m going to heaven I was baptized as a kid. So I kept on believing that and then Samantha’s and I started going to this church where at the end of every service they had a time for people to be born again, and the pastor put it very clear, “some people believe that if you go to church your going to go to heaven.... WRONG, some people say oh I carry my bible around where ever I go and I read it once a day I’m going to heaven.... WRONG, oh I was baptized I’m going to go to heaven.... WRONG, oh my father is a deacon in the church I’m for sure going to heaven.... WRONG, well my grandmother has been going to this church since they opened doors. My mom’s been going to this church since she was born and my dads now the paster so that’s my stairway to heaven that’s all I need.....WRONG It’s states right in scripture Romans 10:9 that “if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead you will be saved,” in other words those who confess with your mouth that Jesus is King and believe in their heart will be saved and not get denied at the gates of heaven. Tomorrow is never promised, if you have any doubt that you will make it in to heaven you should come forward and give your hearts to Christ because you can walk out this door saying oh I’ll do it next week but get killed in a car crash on the way home without being saved and getting your key to heaven.” Now I’m one who mainly only believes something when I see it and that was cold hard proof for me.
Then I realized you know I’m not sure if I’m going to make it to heaven and I felt this tugging on my body to go up and get my pass. So I got up out of my chair and walked up there and when I got to the front I never felt so free in my life and I made my confession and gave my heart to Christ. After that day I still felt normal, but a week after I felt this huge burden lifted off my shoulders and I felt free and happy and have a whole new look on life and just wanted to pursue Christ in every way shape or form to find what else he had in store for me.
So with that being said I encourage everyone who is unsure if they get their calling that they don’t know where there soul will rest for eternity to please look at the scripture it’s written in plain text the ONLY WAY to heaven is through God and your belief that He is Lord.
I enjoy reading your blog, and hearing stories about your life that I didn't know. You are truly a breathe of fresh air, and am so glad we are true friends. I am so happy you met a wonderful man (& fellow Subaru driver) who completes you and adores you and Asher!! & he found God!! :)
ReplyDelete