So much pressure
I put so much pressure on myself to do all the things, I know most of us moms do. This past week God has reminded me that my calling, according to scripture, is to be a Mama and a homemaker, to support my husband. Thinking of my purpose in that light is such a burden lifted. When money is tight as it is now, I feel the burden to help financially. But I have to take a step back and remind myself that by allowing myself to feel that as my responsibility I am taking on both my own and my husbands curse. Now I know for someone who does not believe in the Bible all this may sound completely crazy, but I do believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God.
Truly, nothing brings me peace like spending time with Jesus. What a blessing it is to be able to do that when and where I want! Sometimes it takes a little more effort than other times, like now. But it's similar to meditating, opening up my mind to what God wants to tell me. I'll admit there are many times that I don't want to hear what He has to say because I'm afraid it might be the opposite of what I want. But the bottom line is - it's better to trust the One who knows everything.
For example, I recently bought these super cute earrings (wholesale) to resell as an additional stream of income. I prayed about it, didn't feel like I was supposed to do it. Forged ahead anyway. Guess what, I'm having a hard time selling the earrings! I'm grateful I didn't pay much for them but disappointed they weren't the stream of income I was hoping for.
I plan to shift my focus onto Jesus first, and then what He has called me to do rather than what I am telling myself I want to do. I learn more about myself and my limitations every day. Things like I need a hard and fast deadline to get something done. I need accountability. I'd love to hear more of yalls thoughts on this, how you manage the pressure we put on ourselves?
Writing brings me joy and peace, dumping all of the thoughts in my head onto paper helps SO much. I'm writing about our hopefully soon to be work as travel agents and finding money to go to Disney in a different blog, I'd love more readers to follow along and help my posts get more views! You can check that out here!
Comments
Post a Comment