Cardio and the Bible

 Two things I have been avoiding for quite some time.. 

I have been a Christian most of my life and I love the Lord more than anything, but sometimes I don't want to read my Bible. I went through a long season where I was only reading each morning to check it off my list. That is NOT a good reason. So I stopped, but my relationship with God suffered.

I love Burn Boot Camp, I friggin' hate cardio. I can't breathe then my muscles give out. It's a whole thing. When we couldn't work out in the gym (thanks 2020) and dumbells were more rare than toilet paper, most of our workouts were cardio. But when I didn't have to, I slowly stopped doing them. Finally when I got pregnant it was a great excuse to not do any cardio. So it's been waaay too long since I last did a cardio workout. Genevieve is 5 months old.


I've been saying I would start doing the workouts that were a mix of strength and cardio, I have done a few. I wasn't able to make it to the gym last week at all so this week I said no excuses, I showed up on a monday morning for Burst Training. And I didn't die! My brain wasn't fully functioning when I was done, but I was so proud of myself for having done it and don't tell Meg, but it wasn't that bad.

This morning I had the rare opportunity to grab my Bible and coffee while the baby slept, I want to and NEED to hear from God. So I prayed about where to read, He told me Philippians. Low and behold it was about suffering, God will finish the good work he started in you, sharing the gospel for the right reasons. The suffering got my attention though, we live in a first world country where we don't truly know what suffering for our faith means, yet. I found it ironic how cardio is suffering and that's what I read about today. There were some other little nuggets I got that speak to what I'm going through. I'm so glad I picked up my Bible this morning, and did cardio workouts this week.

I think it's safe to say I'll be back in the gym and reading my Bible in the coming week, just not at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part