Back at it!

It's ironic we find ourselves homeschooling again..
This time it's not my choice and I don't get to pick the curriculum.
This time we can't connect with other homeschoolers or go on field trips.
We're remembering why we chose public school.

I think like anyone we are making the best of it. Some days all I can do is eat my feelings and cry. Other days I am taking this thing by the horns and charging ahead with this ever changing temporary normal.

The hardest part is not knowing the end date and what comes next. Like everyone else, we had fun plans that have had to be canceled and we're grieving that loss.
My girls don't quite get it, why isn't there any food at the store? Why do we have to wait in the car when we go to the chiropractor? Why are you freaking out about toilet paper? Why can't we go to church?

Working on some fun ideas to keep our days light, an idea popped into my head this morning to allow the kids to earn fun things like "stay in your jammies all day" or "stay up an extra 15 minutes at bedtime". If you have any suggestions please send them my way!

I take comfort in that we are all in this together, struggling through it together! Please reach out to me if you need someone to talk to! No one has to endure this alone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part