We've been robbed...again

This adventure certainly has kept us on our toes! Some days I want to pull the vague facebook statuses for sympathy and attention but deep down I'm beyond that.. However I do still crave the support that comes with transparency.

It seems each time we overcome an obstacle a new one presents itself, mostly in relation to finances.. Quick recap:
July 22 - Tim loses his job of over 2 years a mere 2.5 weeks after going under contract on our dream home
July 23 - Tim gets an email at 11pm about an interview with a company he's had his eye on!
July 26 - Tim interviews and nails it!
July 27 - Our house is inspected (this was the deadline Tim had to get a new job) *repair negotiations currently underway*
July 28 - We learn that we have to wait FIVE WEEKS for Tim's first paycheck! But....they will pay for the whole family's health insurance!
July 30 - Our house is appraised and is appraised above selling price!
August 1 - Tim starts the new job and learns that they do not provide a company credit card for traveling expenses, he is expected to front them and then be reimbursed (on payday next month)
August 5 - Last paycheck from the old job is $400 short!!!


So I thought I had it figured out, we postponed our vacation, canceled a trip to Atlanta to see my sister, shopped for food SUPER cheap (let me tell you, it hurt to not buy organic).
We also asked for help, our amazing church was willing to help us pay the rent (before we found out there was so much money missing on Tim's paycheck so now we're STILL short).
My Dad graciously agreed to help us a little and Tim's parents have offered to help as well. But can we really ask for all that we need?
Do I create a GoFundMe page for us to get us through until September? How humbling.. What if no one donates? Even more embarrassing.
What if I stay quiet about our struggles and there was someone out there who could've helped us?

What I do know is to pray. The Lord has been teaching us so much about prayer lately both in our personal lives and through church on Sundays.
Prayer is so powerful and we are really relying on that right now. It's a fine line of waiting on the Lord while praying and just not doing anything.
The Bible says to seek the Kingdom first and God will take care of your needs, so we will be doing that!
I will not sit by idly doing nothing either, we will continue to sell things around the house that we don't need, including some items I've made! I also hope that the Lord will bring me some people who need their hair done!

Please pray with us for provision to get us through to September and that we do not start off our life in the new house already behind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

The Hard Part

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!