No one can replace you
While sitting in bed on my "babymoon" I've had lots of time to think, or try to ;) One of the things I've been reflecting on is that no one can quite replace me, or you, or anyone. It's one of those things we know but don't really know.
My Mom came down to my house for 5 amazing days to help me as I recover from Elyanna's birth, I thought I did everything like she does and my house would run the same as it did when I do it. But it was different, she went above and beyond and kept us going perfectly, but differently. Back home at her house there were people all over the place trying to fill her shoes and still couldn't quite match her awesomeness. Tim has done an amazing job being Mr Mom but it's still not quite the same. I'm sure there were guys at work trying to fill Tim's shoes in his absence as well.
This isn't negative in any way, but reflective on how God created us all so uniquely that no one can quite replace us or what we do. I suppose that's by design isn't it? So we each have value.
Before you go thinking you could do something better than someone else, think again. Maybe you can but maybe that person is where they are for a reason.
My Mom came down to my house for 5 amazing days to help me as I recover from Elyanna's birth, I thought I did everything like she does and my house would run the same as it did when I do it. But it was different, she went above and beyond and kept us going perfectly, but differently. Back home at her house there were people all over the place trying to fill her shoes and still couldn't quite match her awesomeness. Tim has done an amazing job being Mr Mom but it's still not quite the same. I'm sure there were guys at work trying to fill Tim's shoes in his absence as well.
This isn't negative in any way, but reflective on how God created us all so uniquely that no one can quite replace us or what we do. I suppose that's by design isn't it? So we each have value.
Before you go thinking you could do something better than someone else, think again. Maybe you can but maybe that person is where they are for a reason.
Comments
Post a Comment