I'm flying!!!

So recently I was feeling overwhelming pressure to be supermom. I guess I forgot that Asher was 6 months old before I even started doing my hair and make up again and this time I expected to bounce back having a high energy 4 yr old and a new baby, oh and two businesses, a husband, a huge house and a crazy puppy. My sweet husband tells me that he doesn't care if the house is clean, but I know he enjoys it when it is and I want him to appreciate a clean home.

My mom (what a wise woman) recognized that I was feeling the effects of peer pressure and encouraged me to leave a certain facebook group. I wasn't sure if that was the reason for the way I was feeling but I have FINALLY learned after 25 years I should probably do what my mom suggests. So I did and a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders (thanks mom!)
Now I am pursuing my own version of "crunchy" and healthy. I want to make a lot of things myself but I feel like I need to get my housewife skills under control before I start trying to make everything myself. It's a slow painful process getting my husband to let go of the carbs and processed foods. As we all know it's easier to make a change if we're all doing it together. We've made huge strides in the foods we buy now. I love putting away all the fresh fruits and veggies when we get home!

Really all of this started when we started taking Juice Plus a couple months ago. I love the healthy lifestyle and knowing I am preventing illness for my family :)

Again, my pretty awesome mom (no she didn't pay me to say this) recommended something to make my life easier and I finally listened. I started following a website called flylady.net and I LOVE it :) Basically it is getting control of your home in really simple baby steps. I just love it so much. Day 1 is Shine your sink. It sounds silly but that means the dishes have been done and you can clean your sink to be a pleasing focal point of your kitchen. I am on Day 3 and really enjoying piecing together each step, adding a little something new each day and exploring the different goals, challenges and things to learn little by little. I feel like I am prepared for each day and I feel relaxed and accomplished at night! I love this feeling soooo much. When I am caught up with the "Baby Steps" and have a good handle on the steps and zones and all that goes along with it, I will feel fine about taking the time to go and scrapbook at the end of the night or maybe work on quilting some more! :) I can't wait to see where this takes me!
And with that being said, FlyLady encourages you to get to bed at a decent time.....ZZZzzzzzzzz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whom Shall I Fear?

Feeling sentimental and Making a Mess!

The Hard Part