My Sponge
Well Asher turned 4 in May and is changing tremendously every day. I have never 'babied' him or talked down to him so he has an incredible understanding and vocabulary for his age. Sometimes we forget he is only 4 until we are exposed to other kids his age and realize how advanced he is. People have always complemented his intelligence and as any mother would, I take pride in those compliments!
However it is official, my baby is now a boy. As the saying goes, "Noise with dirt on it." Asher's feet are no longer kissable, snuggles only happen when he has just woken up or about to go to sleep and trying to stall it. Oh and he's asking me questions like, "what does mercy mean?" and "what is sin?" While I am thrilled to share with him I often question if I'm screwing this up.
Looking into those big blue eyes I see my entire world, I love that boy more than anything on this earth! (Besides his sister.) I can never put into words how deeply my love is for him. I would venture to say that my bond with Asher is stronger than most because we spent 2 years "us against the world." We did everything together, I didn't let being a mom hold me back and by doing so Asher was exposed to all walks of life, people of all ages and lots of fun adventures! Now he loves "guy time" with Daddy, anything Daddy does he wants to do too. However we are finding we have to spell more words than we used to and watch what we say around him because that little sponge may not appear to be listening but he is!
We can't give him everything we would like to but if we make simple things sound like a big deal Asher gets so excited about it. On Asher's 3rd birthday we bought him his first bicycle. It was the best thing to ever happen to him until he saw his friends riding without training wheels. So within a few days his were off too, Daddy pushed him a couple times with some simple instructions and off he went! Now bikes that small don't come with kickstands and all he's ever wanted was a kickstand to be like "the guys." So this past week Pappy put a kickstand on his bike for him and he tells everyone how much he loves it! I said to him, "Asher do you know that you make me happy? What makes you happy?" He answered, "My kickstand." I guess I asked for it...
It amazes me how much Asher has matured in the last couple months, he is a very proud big brother and tells everyone about his baby sister. He gives lots of kisses and tells Laila he loves her. Of course Laila adores her big brother and smiles and laughs at just the sight of him. Tim and I noticed in recent weeks you can tell Laila recognizes Asher and truly loves him by the way she lights up when she sees him. I am so excited for them to grow closer as they get older.
Asher is memorizing scripture, he's able to tell me about bible stories that he learned and he wants to know all about the supernatural and how it works. I'm one proud mama!
I could go on and on about my sweet boy... Oh I do have to add how generous this kid is. Asher will sit down to have his favorite snack and offer you a bite before he even takes one himself. Whatever he has he is willing to give away! I am so glad he has mastered this kingdom principle at such a young age. What a great man of God he is and is going to be!
However it is official, my baby is now a boy. As the saying goes, "Noise with dirt on it." Asher's feet are no longer kissable, snuggles only happen when he has just woken up or about to go to sleep and trying to stall it. Oh and he's asking me questions like, "what does mercy mean?" and "what is sin?" While I am thrilled to share with him I often question if I'm screwing this up.
Looking into those big blue eyes I see my entire world, I love that boy more than anything on this earth! (Besides his sister.) I can never put into words how deeply my love is for him. I would venture to say that my bond with Asher is stronger than most because we spent 2 years "us against the world." We did everything together, I didn't let being a mom hold me back and by doing so Asher was exposed to all walks of life, people of all ages and lots of fun adventures! Now he loves "guy time" with Daddy, anything Daddy does he wants to do too. However we are finding we have to spell more words than we used to and watch what we say around him because that little sponge may not appear to be listening but he is!
We can't give him everything we would like to but if we make simple things sound like a big deal Asher gets so excited about it. On Asher's 3rd birthday we bought him his first bicycle. It was the best thing to ever happen to him until he saw his friends riding without training wheels. So within a few days his were off too, Daddy pushed him a couple times with some simple instructions and off he went! Now bikes that small don't come with kickstands and all he's ever wanted was a kickstand to be like "the guys." So this past week Pappy put a kickstand on his bike for him and he tells everyone how much he loves it! I said to him, "Asher do you know that you make me happy? What makes you happy?" He answered, "My kickstand." I guess I asked for it...
It amazes me how much Asher has matured in the last couple months, he is a very proud big brother and tells everyone about his baby sister. He gives lots of kisses and tells Laila he loves her. Of course Laila adores her big brother and smiles and laughs at just the sight of him. Tim and I noticed in recent weeks you can tell Laila recognizes Asher and truly loves him by the way she lights up when she sees him. I am so excited for them to grow closer as they get older.
Asher is memorizing scripture, he's able to tell me about bible stories that he learned and he wants to know all about the supernatural and how it works. I'm one proud mama!
I could go on and on about my sweet boy... Oh I do have to add how generous this kid is. Asher will sit down to have his favorite snack and offer you a bite before he even takes one himself. Whatever he has he is willing to give away! I am so glad he has mastered this kingdom principle at such a young age. What a great man of God he is and is going to be!
Comments
Post a Comment